Thursday, March 1, 2012

24 weeks


How far along: 24 weeks, 3 days
How big is baby: papya; just over a pound in weight and could be up to a foot long still (in crown to rump measurements)
Total weight gain: another week, another pound... some things don't change. Total now is 10.5 lbs! I'm into double digits!
Maternity clothes: Same thing here. Occasionally I fit into a non-maternity item but for comfort's sake, I gravitate toward that side of my closet. And a side note... when I bought maternity jeans for my first pregnancy, I bought jeans with the elastic waist, not with the partial or full maternity insert and they were very comfy. This time around, I am quite uncomfortable when I sit for a while in them. They are digging into my belly! Maybe the pictures don't show it, but I swear this kid is riding lower than Jonah did.
Cravings: Still dying of thirst, but now with a sore throat.
Sleep: Out like a light, and grumpy if you wake me up! I actually got up one night this week to pee.
Movement: Yep, and he's most active at night. I think because I am constantly on the go during the day, he is just rocked to sleep perpetually and it isn't until I sit down for lunch or to do some documentation that he wakes up. I might have felt hiccups this week, too.
What I miss: belly button is crazy right now! It's basically flat, and that's about as far as it got with Jonah. I noticed yesterday that when I cough, it inverts if I'm sitting down. Ha. That's kinda sad...
What I am looking forward to: I've started thinking about actually having this little guy in my arms and it seems so strange and so amazing at the same time. To have Jonah be such a big boy in comparison and starting over with a newborn... wow, it's gonna be insane. So, despite my nerves, I'm really getting excited about meeting him in the coming months! And in meeting him, we'll probably decide on a name! :)
What's different this time: I jumped back to my 24 weeks post from Jonah and an issue I was dealing with then was my feet swelling! I am soooo happy to say that I do not have that this time (so far)!!! I think my fingers are swelling some, because I note some increased resistance when I take my wedding rings off, but in my book that is so minor compared to the crazy swelling I had before. I really hope that it continues to be different! And on a related note, my blood pressure has been stellar at all my checkups so far. In fact, it was even low this last check-up (I think around 104/62). Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment