Wednesday, March 21, 2012

27 weeks


How far along: 27 weeks, 2 days
How big is baby: Eggplant or cauliflower; a little over 9.5 inches crown-to-rump or about 15 inches in head-to-heels and roughly 2 lbs!
Total weight gain: personal scale says almost 13 lbs total. Yep, I found a pound despite a 24-hr stomach bug. OB scale says 14 total.
Maternity clothes: When is it not these days?
Cravings: Soup, crackers, and gatorade?? Well, that was when I had the bug...
Sleep: No problem except super weird dreams.
Movement: Like a champ. I think when I was in the middle of being sick, he was mad about no food or liquids and was pummeling (and I do mean pummeling) my insides. My OB said that usually when you are sick, you're body releases prostaglandins which actually calms and slows the baby down! I have no idea what was wrong with this kid, then!
Best moment this week: We have fabric for the nursery curtains! Working on the crib selection this weekend. And, as always, hearing that sweet boy's heartbeat today!
What I miss: not feeling huge. I know I have nearly 3 months left, but I'm starting to feel the "bigness".
What I am looking forward to: seeing this nursery come together! I'm pretty excited about this fabric we found!
What's different this time: no swelling, no borderline high blood pressure! Another good checkup at the OB today with everything unremarkable. Even my iron was 11.9! Will have to wait on the results of my Glucose tolerance test to make sure I passed that, but otherwise, excellent.

Also, realized today that I scheduled my last 4 week checkup! After this next one, I go to every two weeks for a checkup! That seems crazy... this kid is gonna be here soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment