Wednesday, March 14, 2012
26 weeks
How far along: 26 weeks, 2 days - less than 100 days to go!!
How big is baby: When compared to produce, about the size of an eggplant or head of lettuce. Baby dragon should be around 1.5-2 lbs in weight and roughly 9 inches long in crown-to-rump or 13.5-14 inches in head-to-heels.
Total weight gain: uh, not sure how to answer this question. So last week I gave myself credit for a pound, but after doing my post, it showed that I virtually gained nothing and continued to show I lost a 1/2 pound on a couple days. So this week, I'll give myself credit for a full pound. Keeping my total at 11.5 lbs. I have an official weigh-in next week with the OB so I'll see if my scale has just gone crazy or not.
Maternity clothes: Yes. That's about all you need to know.
Cravings: Got my pudding fix! My patient was talking about crab cakes the other day so naturally I really want a crab cake.
Sleep: [enter some comments about how daylight savings is mean to someone pregnant who also has a 15 month old]
Movement: Baby Dragon has had hiccups almost every day this week! When I read about what's going on in utero this week, it all talks about how the baby is practicing breathing by swallowing amniotic fluid, so I guess it makes sense that he's starting to really get hiccups! Go diaphragm, get your workout in now! Maybe Dragon will be a hiccup-y child like Jonah. I think every time I make Jonah go into a laughing frenzy, he gets hiccups. I'd also like to point out that Dragon is following in his big brother's footsteps already: they both love being on my right side! I basically never get any kicks on my left side. All in the front or the right side.
Best moment this week: Sweet baby hiccups. I really love feeling them. And my mom is attempting to make Jonah some jon jons for the summer... and then Dragon some matching ones! :)
What I miss: Being treated like a capable human being. One of my patients always gets really upset when I sit on the floor in the gym to work. What's funny about it is that it's a middle aged man who is all bothered by it! Female patients that I don't even work with tell me that they "watch me" while I'm in the gym (which is a little weird), too. I worked through my first pregnancy and I plan on working through this one. Yes, I lift people (everyday), sit on the floor, bend over, squish myself into tight spaces, push people up a ramp 100 times a day and am "on my feet" all day... and I'm not broken yet. :)
What I am looking forward to: OB appointment next week. Feels like it's been a while since we checked on him! And eventually settling on a name. I hate that we don't have a name to even compare to. At this point, I feel like we had agreed that we liked "Jonah", but couldn't commit to it, though every name we considered we compared it to "Jonah". Right now, our list has dwindled down to about four names. Yes, four. And what's funny about the names is that they are all soooo different from each other. It's almost like I have an algorithm for selecting a name once he's born based on what he looks like and acts like in the first 5 minutes. Ha! :) But then again I come up with a new name every couple days...
What's different this time: Pretty similar at this point. It's funny to think back to 10-12 weeks ago when we thought this baby was a girl. At that point, the pregnancy had felt somewhat different, but over the past 3 months or so, it has felt almost identical to Jonah's, just a little faster.
And on that note, farewell 2nd trimester, you've been good to me! Let's hope the 3rd trimester is as nice and doesn't spin out of control medically like it did with Jonah!
Labels:
baby #2
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment