Sunday, February 5, 2012

20 weeks



How far along: 20 weeks, 6 days. halfway there! And sorry it was almost a late post.
How big is baby: roughly canteloupe-sized (which seems really big to me); roughly 6-7 inches long and 9-11 ounces in weight. I know the pictures don't show a big difference, but he seems bigger and stronger than Jonah at this point. Of course, I have nothing to base that on.
Total weight gain: Very up and down this week, but I'd say the average shows about another pound, bringing the total to +5.
Maternity clothes: Same old story. I continue to bounce back and forth on maternity/regular wardrobe. For the most part, I've given up on regular jeans just because they aren't comfortable (cutting into this uber-low belly) and go for the maternity with a belly band. Shirts are back and forth. Most maternity is still large except for the tight fitting ones. I'm still in my regular work scrubs though! :)
Cravings: Sweets and desserts are still a favorite, but I had a hankering for wings the other day. Finally got my root beer float. :)
Sleep: Still mostly good and I'm not getting up in the middle of the night yet. Haven't had any more leg cramps either, so that's a good sign. Some mornings my SI joints and low back are a little stiff, but nothing that lingers.
Movement: Wowza! This guy is a mover and a shaker! The other night, he was kicking and rolling for about half an hour straight. Randy has felt him move several times, although I think he's a little shy around Randy (which Jonah was too). I don't know if it has to do with Randy's hand being bigger or warmer, but he seems to always stop moving when Randy puts his hand to feel and then moves again once Randy takes his hand off. Kinda weird.
Best moment this week: Well, I'm actually starting to look pregnant to strangers, which I guess is cool. As sad as it was to go back for Florida for my grandma's memorial service, it was nice to see my grandpa again and for Jonah to meet his great aunt/uncle (and my godfather). [I delayed my visit to Florida post after I heard she had made a turn for the worse, so I am re-doing my post.]
What I'm looking forward to: I've been trying to come up with a decor idea and may have settled on one that I am pretty stoked about. Let's just say it involves me sewing (yikes!) and some of my grandfather's things. In my mind, it sounds super awesome. And baby consignment sale season is around the corner! I am super stoked about it! Having gone through a year+ of buying Jonah clothes, I am so prepared to load up at consignments this spring for both boys! And I've been scouring eBay for cute outfits (just bought Jonah's Easter outfit for this year - soooo cute, can't wait for it to arrive!)
What's different this time:
1. My belly button is already getting flat. I blame the closeness of pregnancies on that.
2. I've already had a few instances of reflux, which I am not happy about.
3. Boy names are hard. Last time I didn't like any names and Jonah was about all we had that we both liked. This time, we have too many names and I like them all. Gonna be a tough call.

No comments:

Post a Comment