My little boy is getting to be not so little these days! He looks like such a little man... and then he has a tantrum and I remember that he's still just a baby! :)
Size: At Jonah's last ear infection check-up (almost 2 weeks ago), he weighed in at 23.8 pounds. Overall, he's been bouncing between 23 and 24 pounds for the last couple months. He eats a ton, but I guess works it all off! I don't have an official height for him this month, but I know he's taller because shirts aren't fitting him like they were. My guess is somewhere between 30.5-31 inches.
Clothes/Diapers: size 4 diapers and 12-18 month clothes. I've noticed this month especially, a lot of his 12 month onesies or pajamas are getting pretty snug. Even some of his 12 month pants are looking like high waters on him. I dug into his 18 month stash when we traveled to Florida (because the weather was in the 80s and he really only has a lot of winter stuff in 12 month right now) and a lot of the 18 month shirts fit him! So, I bet over the next month, we'll be phasing out some 12 month items and breaking into the 18 month stuff. As far as shoes, he's wearing size 4s or 12-18 month shoes... and I love them. Seriously, I do love little boy shoes.
Mobility: Ta-da! Jonah is officially walking now! He eased into it this month and especially over the past 2 weeks. I can confidently say that he's walking by himself about 80% of the time. In fact, I think he's so proud of his walking abilities right now, that he walks in circles in our family room! And since he's walking now, he'll likely make the transition to the junior toddlers classroom at daycare in the next couple weeks (walking was the only thing holding him back from it). And he likes to pull his helicopter behind him everywhere he goes.
Language: He really likes to "talk", and at times, it's incessant. When I pick him up from daycare, he will talk the whole way home. His big thing this past month has been tone and inflection. Jonah loves to range from talking normal to up real high and saying the same thing over and over but putting different emphasis in it each time. I don't think he's really learned or used any new words this month, but we've been pushing the word and sign for "milk" since he likes to "uh uh uh" towards it so much.
Foods: Two new favorites this month: raisins and beets. Strange, but true. This kid can pack away some beets. He has never really liked cheese just by itself, but he actually enjoyed some and was looking for more the other day when I gave him some, so maybe we can add that to his diet/snacks as well.
Who wants a kid covered in baked ziti and beets?!
Personality: Jonah is just full of energy most of the time. His playroom tends to look like a tornado blew through after he gets done playing in there. Throwing balls, blocks, small toys tends to be the culprit (and he makes sound effects with it). He continues to have some tantrums at times when he's looking for attention or when he's told "no" on something and redirected, but on the whole, is a very happy child. I can say that I think we've passed through the separation anxiety stage because he isn't completely breaking down emotionally every time I leave or when he's dropped off at daycare.
Funny: Jonah l o v e s to dance. He dances to every kind of music, any time. Now, he only has 2 moves: bouncing up and down and swaying side to side or front to back, but he will use these moves in sitting, kneeling, sitting in his highchair, while held in your arms, standing holding on to something and now he's trying to dance in standing by himself. He's a little ham when music is playing.
And he's started doing downward dog poses. Weird and funny!
Jonah's favorites: Books, throwing balls or blocks, chasing the cat, walking, pointing at everything and learning what it is, dancing and food (really, he loves to eat).
What's New: Jonah got to play with a big dog at our friends' house and he loved this dog. I think his first full sentence might be "I want a dog".
Also, he's started stacking blocks! Most of the time, he prefers for you to make a stack and he gets to knock it down, but I've seen him on a couple of occasions make his own stacks!
Busy month, eh? Happy 14 months, Jonah!
No comments:
Post a Comment