Saturday, January 28, 2012

19 weeks

[First of all, my sincere apologies for the photo malfunction on my previous post -- should be fixed! And for those that missed the gender reveal post, I'd read that one first since this one will give it away!]


How far along: 19 weeks, 5 days
How big is baby: Mango! average size is about 6 inches long and around 7-8 ounces. I asked my OB how big our baby measured and as he was scanning the sheet for the stats, got sidetracked into another conversation so I didn't find out. If I remember, I'll ask at the next check-up.
Total weight gain: Well, before we went out of town for a couple days, I was about at +2.5 pounds on my scale but after eating "out" for 2 days straight, I'll just be conservative and say +4 for the pregnancy. :)
Maternity clothes: still bouncing between maternity and non-maternity. The only maternity tops I can fit in to are the tight fitting ones, but I have those in non-maternity that I can wear just the same! I tend to ask Randy if I look fat or pregnant every time I put one on though. Ha! Still think I look like I have muffin top.
Cravings: Haven't exactly filled that root beer float craving yet. I can say that this kid has a super sweet tooth! I still love eating a dessert or something sweet at almost every meal. I will say that I finally feel like my appetite has started to pick up over the past couple weeks. I'm guessing this guy has hit somewhat of a growth spurt and is now demanding more sustenance!
Sleep: Er, still sleeping through the night, but not as happily as I was. My body pillow is definitely helping, but some mornings I am still waking up with a sore back or just feel really stiff. And one night this past week, I woke up around 2 am with leg cramps - ugh. I forgot about those. :(
Movement: No problems there! I know he has a lot of space in there to go where he wants and I do feel like he is everywhere. He just feels really low... like almost too low... which kinda scares me into doing more kegels.
Best moment this week: Visiting my grandparents in Florida! Blog post to follow with details and pictures. And relating to baby #2, bought a changing table! :) Still not sure how we are going to decorate, but there are a few ideas out there floating around just waiting to be fleshed out.
What's different this time: I'm starting to wonder how comfortable this pregnancy is going to be. I'm barely halfway (yay!) and feel some pains and discomforts (which seem earlier and more uncomfortable). Now I know that I carried Jonah low and I have a long torso, but this kid feels so incredibly low -- I hope he doesn't fall out (or maybe delivery will be a piece of cake!). I'm getting stiff and some soreness in my low back and sacrum, I just don't like it. I don't know if I feel this way because it's #2 or because my pregnancies are so close together or a combination of both. Aside from all the swelling with Jonah, I really overall felt awesome throughout my pregnancy the first time. This time, I really hope I don't fall apart!

I initially thought that I was going to write that the difference this time was that we had actually selected a name relatively early... but that's no longer true. Ha. About 10 days ago, we had pretty much agreed on a name that we liked and were satisfied with only 1 or 2 other names we would even consider. Now, we have a list of about 5 or 6 names and can't decide! Ugh. Guess we might be waiting until we see his face for real before we decide...

No comments:

Post a Comment