How big is baby: he's appoximately the size of a banana or carrot; about 7-10 inches long and roughly three-quarters of a pound!
Total weight gain: well, the past 2 weeks have been a shade over a pound each time, so my scale shows that I'm up to 7 pounds. There's no doubt, he's growing like crazy in there!
Maternity clothes: basically same as last week. The other day I found that my scrub pants were cutting into my belly and made it somewhat uncomfortable at work. If he weren't so dang low, I wouldn't have this problem!
Cravings: Basically anything mentioned, I want. Pretty hungry these days, but cannot turn down sweets.
Sleep: still mostly good, but am starting to have those crazy dreams.
Movement: I actually felt him on my side the other day. He's pretty active but haven't quite figured out his "schedule" yet.
Best moment this week: one of my co-workers felt the baby move, which is kinda cool. I went and got more compression stockings (because I am a complete nerd and really don't want to swell like I did last time... even though I wore compression hose with Jonah). But I learned that they make maternity compression stockings so I am a little excited about trying those out! Haha... these old people are wearing off on me, aren't they?
What I'm looking forward to: besides trying on my maternity compression stockings? Moving forward with decorating the new nursery.
What's different this time: I can't believe I forgot to mention this in the last 2 posts! I've already started having Braxton-Hicks contractions! Seriously... Like almost every day and some days, it's several times. Seems crazy early for that. I'm thinking my body might evict this guy before his due date!
I've also decided that I can't stand calling this baby "baby #2". It was fine with Jonah and calling him baby or baby Evans, but it just doesn't feel right this time. So, I am affectionately naming this little guy "baby dragon" since he will be born in the year of the dragon... And we can't seem to settle on just one name. :) So from here on out, he's baby dragon.

No comments:
Post a Comment