How far along: 36 weeks, 2 days
How big is baby: honeydew/crenshaw melon; 5.5-6 lbs in weight and still about 18.5 inches longTotal weight gain: another week where my scale and OB scale are not agreeing! My scale says 1 lb, OB says 3lbs. Going with the latter, up 26lbs total. Still right at 5lbs under what I weighed with Jonah at this point.
Maternity clothes: At 9 months pregnant, do I have other reasonable options?
Cravings: Tuna? Root beer floats? Milkshakes? Chinese food? I'm back to being starving.
Sleep: love it. Want more.
Movement: hasn't let up yet. In fact, he got a little angry when the midwife checked me for progress and starting throwing punches.
Signs of labor: Houston, we have progress! Although it isn't "labor", I'm still going to say it's pointing in that direction: 70% effaced and 2.5cm dilated at today's appointment! I think even my midwife was a little surprised at that given I'm only 36 weeks. Still just BH contractions, though. I'm pretty confident he'll stay put until 38 weeks, but then I'm not holding my breath.
Best moment this week: Good check-up this week, second to last piece of furniture has moved into the nursery.
What I miss: being able to keep up with my toddler! He absolutely wears me out. Maybe it's the super-clingy tantrums he's started throwing, but I am so emotionally and physically exhausted taking care of him - even just for a few hours! What I do love, though, is that he's starting to be a little more independent on the whole and will sort of watch a movie or sit and do his puzzles... when he's not having a tantrum.
What I am looking forward to: Going to look at double strollers this weekend? We're not sure about getting one, but Randy was asking about it today and we're leaning towards investing in one. Somehow, the stress of finding a home for yet another stroller seems daunting to me. Seriously, we have a stroller and a jogging stroller. And a push car for J to ride in. And we also bought a radio flyer wagon that both boys can ride in together. There's only so much space in my garage!!! Gotta get our hospital bags packed, too!
What's different this time: Still no stretch marks (fingers crossed), but this time around I've started to notice a couple varicose veins sneak on to my legs. I've been trying to ignore them for the past month or so, but since it's shorts/skirt/dress season, it's getting hard to not notice them. So far, I'm only seeing two small-ish ones, but I'm a little annoyed because I've been wearing my compression hose religiously since about week 22... but only while I'm at work. Boo.

No comments:
Post a Comment