[Isn't black supposed to be slimming?? Anyone else finally agree with me that this kid looks bigger than J?! Even though every stranger says I look tiny...]
How big is baby: compared to a pineapple or honeydew (both sound delicious, I might add); roughly 4 lbs and 17 inches long
Total weight gain: official weigh-in this week: +20lbs
Maternity clothes: same old story here.
Cravings: nothing new this week.
Sleep: aside from falling asleep on the couch almost every night and waking up somewhere between midnight and 3am to drag myself up to bed, go to the bathroom, brush my teeth and then have trouble falling back asleep?? Yeah, no problems other than that.
Movement: I still think this guy moves more than Jonah (and he moved a lot)! Dragon even moves a lot at work, despite my constant movements that should rock him to sleep.
Best moment this week: another good OB check-up without exorbitant weight gain, no swelling and super-awesome blood pressure (11/70)?! Yeah, I'm not sure you all understand just how much this rocks. AND, my super amazing co-workers threw me a diaper shower! They were all so nice and generous to this little guy (and the rest of us)!
What I miss: being able to move in bed. This is the best comparison I can come up with for being pregnant in a comfy (but squishy) bed: trying to move from the middle of a partially deflated bouncy house.
What I am looking forward to: Dragon's curtains should be done this week and hopefully hung on Wednesday. There really isn't much left to completing his room, other than some miscellaneous items to purchase for it to function like a nursery (diaper pail, hamper, side table).
What's different this time: I'm stressed, but I'm not stressed. Does that make any sense? Last time I was worried about labor, having is room done, breastfeeding, and overall being a mother. Mostly things that led up to having a baby and the first couple days. This time, I'm worried about what happens after I have the baby: about Jonah adjusting to a brother, getting Dragon into a schedule that melds with Jonah's, being able to safely watch J and take care of a newborn while running on minimal sleep. Baby laundry? Eh, I'll get around to it.
Also, I haven't mentioned it in a little while, but I think we have a name for this little guy! We have been using it casually when we are home and neither one of us is changing our mind. It only took us about 32 weeks to finally decide on one! :) Our initial plan was to not keep it a secret this time, but given that we have changed his name about 10 times, we're going to err on the side of caution and just wait out the last few weeks to make sure the name fits him! So sorry, you'll be waiting for the name reveal (again), but it won't be too long before he's here!

No comments:
Post a Comment