How far along: 35 weeks, 6 days (sorry! Maybe this week I'll be more on time)
How big is baby: honeydew or pineapple; about 18 inches long and roughly 5-5.5lbs in weight.Total weight gain: personal scale ranged from 1-3lbs this week. Official OB weigh-in has me +3 for the past two weeks, bringing the overall total to 23lbs.
Maternity clothes: nothing new.
Cravings: egg salad sandwiches? Tuna?? Ew, I don't normally ever eat tuna... craved it, but haven't eaten it yet.
Sleep: still pretty soundly. I've been hot at night, but not too uncomfortably so. Still one obligatory bathroom break around 4am almost every night.
Movement: a ton! He actually feels like he is trying to claw his way out.
Best moment(s) this week: 1) I know it's so boring to hear, but another superb check-up! The mid-wife I saw (who was also the one who delivered Jonah) also had HELLP syndrome her first pregnancy and felt the same way about NOT having those symptoms the second time around. Really, the whole "toxemia" thing stunk... it's awesome to not be having any of those symptoms this time! No crazy weight gain, BP was amazing (108/73), no protein and no swelling! :) 2) Randy got the fan installed in the new nursery as well. Dragon is ready for a sweltering summer! 3) All of his laundry is washed and hung in his closet! 4) Purchased the last 2 pieces of missing furniture for his room. One was a garage sale find that now has a fresh coat of paint on it and the other should be arriving sometime later this week. Yay!
What I miss: not having Braxton-Hicks contractions all the time? I've had them since early in my 2nd trimester but usually just a few times a day. In the last couple of weeks they've been picking up steam! Not only do I have them all day long, but they're starting to get uncomfortable. Let's just say Randy has had to assure me I am not in early labor a couple times now.
What I am looking forward to: The nursery is almost complete now! I'm super excited about how it has turned out... can't wait to get those 2 pieces of furniture in there, then the pictures hung. It's so close to finished!
What's different this time: Jonah measured "early" throughout the pregnancy, but this guy is keeping right on track. On Wednesday, Dragon measured a little small but my mid-wife assured me it's probably just because he's started dropping (?!) and they will start checking me for progress starting this week. Still head down, too. Woah, this kid is gonna be here soon!

No comments:
Post a Comment