Saturday, June 2, 2012

37 weeks


How far along: 37 weeks, 5 days - this kid is officially full-term now!
How big is baby: wintermelon or stalk of swiss chard; weight is over 6 lbs and length is 18.5-19 inches
Total weight gain: I guess our scales caught up to each other this week... my scale says up 2.5-3 lbs, OB says +1 lb for the week. Either way, total is at 27lbs.
Maternity clothes: Yes, of course... and even my belly button is growing out of those. Ew.
Cravings: This kiddo must be packing on some extra weight before making his arrival because I'm still starving. I'll eat almost anything.
Sleep: I've found that I'm most comfortable on my right side these days, but often end up waking up around 3-4am for my bathroom break and I'm on my back. Weird. Some nights it's hard to fall back asleep, but that could be since Randy instituted a bedtime for me because I've been so stinkin' tired by the end of the day.
Movement: Still moves a ton. Also, I confess to feeling like he's dropped a little this week. More pressure resting on the bladder = more bathroom breaks! Boo.
Signs of labor: A little more progress from last week: 80% effaced and 3cm dilated, -2 station. According to the midwife, I'm "sitting on go". Just waiting for the little man to make the move!
Best moment this week: Well, aside from one item left to hang over the crib, his nursery is done! All of his laundry is complete, all furniture assembled and in it's final resting place, all bedding and swing/car seat covers have been washed, pictures are on the walls. I'll put it this way... we leave the door open to his nursery now! :) And, I broke down and packed my hospital bag, baby dragon's bag and installed his car seat. Yep, we're just waiting on him now!
What I miss: This one is hard... selfishly, I can come up with all sorts of things. But, given that this might be my last pregnancy and I might only have a little while left to soak up all the pregnancy feelings, it makes me a little sad. I've heard that you "know" when you are done, and I don't know if we are done. We've always said 2 or 3 kids and that we'd decide after we had 2. Well, that time is coming quickly and it seems absolutely insane to me that I might never get to do this again! I've been pregnant for almost 18 months out of the last 27 months of my life... that's kind of a big change in a short period of time, especially to never do it again. Eh, who knows? Maybe it's the end, maybe it's not. Guess we'll just have to see what the Lord has in store for us!
What I am looking forward to: Meeting my baby! He seems like such a bundle of sweetness (and energy) in there! :)
What's different this time: No visit to triage! Ha! When I was 37 weeks with Jonah, I was sent to triage and put on bedrest (boo). This time, everything looks perfect and no one is concerned about my health (or the baby's).

No comments:

Post a Comment