
How far along: 17 weeks, 2 days
How big is baby: About the size of an onion or your open palm; around 6 ounces and about 5 inches long
Total weight gain: hmmm... So by the time 16 weeks was up, I was back to gaining about a half pound. This week has been more around 1 pound more. I guess 1.5 pounds? Maybe by the end of the week it'll be 2 pounds
Maternity clothes: here and there. Some days I wear maternity pants and other days I wear my bigger pants (AKA fat jeans). Shirts are still my regular wardrobe. I have noticed my scrub tops are starting to get a little tighter in the middle though.
Cravings: not much this week.
Sleep: well, the body pillow was resurrected this week. I'm much more comfortable sleeping again. I think I was sleeping too much on my back and was getting uncomfortable from it. Side lying with support makes me sleep better and no sore back when I wake up.
Movement: yep, there's a baby in there. Some days are still more than others. I've tried to get Randy to feel the movements several times but with no luck yet. Still kinda early.
Best moment this week: we've started cleaning out! My nesting needs are being met...
What I'm looking forward to: you'll never guess... Haha, big appointment next week! :) get your votes in!
What's different this time: I was a nervous wreck about this time with Jonah. The week before our ultrasound (both times it's been scheduled for week 18) last time, I was really worried about the baby's development since I had been exposed to vaccines and medicines I shouldn't have been during the first trimester. I had all kinds of fears that the baby would have some kind of problem that we'd see on the ultrasound. This time, I wasn't exposed to things so I don't have near the concern as last time. Of course, that doesn't mean a healthy baby is a guarantee... So far, things have been looking good, but when you consider just how little can be seen on a 9 week ultrasound, I wouldn't say I am at rest about it. I think every mother wants a healthy baby, so I know I'm not out of the norm by any stretch. Both times I have declined the earlier test for nuchal measuring, so I will also do the quadruple screen test at this appointment (which is also nerve wracking waiting for the results). So, as I asked for before, prayers for a healthy baby on the ultrasound and solid bloodwork in the next week- they'd be much appreciated!
No comments:
Post a Comment