Not good with ultrasound picture decoding? Don't know what a "turtle" is or how to tell if it's there or not? I'll simplify things for you. 3D pictures make it a whole lot easier to figure out what you're looking it. Give it a go. what does this picture look like to you?
For most of you, it should look pretty dang obvious. For the rest of you, the ultrasound picture is with the baby's head at the top (facing you but chin to chest), an arm coming across the face, and the legs spread w i d e. Take another look...
Yep, no doubt about that one... It's a BOY!!
Once again, we're stoked about another boy in our family (even if Elsie and I are officially outnumbered). I must confess that this little guy had me fooled (and Randy for that matter). Early on, we both thought it would be a girl. As time went on, it started to feel more like I'd done this before. And grown a small basketball very low. About 2 days before the ultrasound, Randy asked me again what I thought it would be and I said "I don't know, I think the baby's changing". Ha. Must have been that testosterone kicking in. :) Don't worry bloggy friends, you overwhelmingly thought girl, as did my co-workers... and Randy's co-workers. There was a lot of pink on the brains, but this little stud proved us all wrong!
Seriously, there was not one tear shed over it not being a girl. I assure you that there is just as much joy over a little brother for Jonah, as there would have been if it had been a girl. I know a lot of women out there who want a daughter really bad -- I am not one. And even if we decided to have a third child (not any time soon!!!), we would not be disappointed if that one were also a boy. Really. There's no trying for a girl mentality in this family. We happily accept the blessings God has given us, for we know that He gives us only what we are capable of handling.
Baby boy #2 checked out super healthy on the ultrasound. All major organs developing as they should, heartbeat fluttering away, wiggling around showing us all extremities very well. I must confess he looked mighty squished in there though. He came very close to doing a complete back flip for us because he was so cramped in there. [Please note that you can still tell it's a boy in this picture too -- yep, that's his hand right above it. Haha!] And thank you, for the healthy baby prayers -- once again, they worked! Still waiting on the results of the quadruple screen (blood test), so continued prayers for that are welcome as well.
We are soooo very excited about this little boy and I just can't wait to meet him! Jonah is going to be a tough big brother (as he is full of a lot of energy and body slams), but I think they'll grow into buddies soon enough.
Since this little guy was so cramped in there, we couldn't get a really good shot, but how about this shot of his



No comments:
Post a Comment