Wednesday, June 6, 2012

38 weeks

{Notice anything different about this week? Yeah, I had no 38 week picture with Jonah!}

How far along:  38 weeks, 2 days
How big is baby: in the produce section, around the size of a pumpkin; average size is 6.5lbs and length is about 19-19.5 inches long
Total weight gain: awesome week... FOUR pounds. Yeah, there goes the 30 pound mark total. 31 total. Maternity clothes: Ha, this is a funny question...
Cravings: Still starving. Made some brownies this week!
Sleep: pretty consistently waking up somewhere between 2:30 and 4 am for either a bathroom break, a water break, sweating up a storm, or from heartburn. Haven't had too many problems getting back to sleep, though.
Movement: still all over the place in there! I really thought he'd run out of room by now!
Signs of labor: so still 80% effaced, but up to 4+ cm dilated and -1 station. And my OB so kindly stripped my membranes... Didn't work with Jonah, let's see what happens this time!
Best moment this week: On Monday, I felt awesome! Full of energy, worked over 9 hours that day and was not even close to exhausted when I got home. Tuesday, I felt yuck though. And over the weekend, made a few baby purchases including another baby monitor, a new infant wrap (can't wait to try it out!) and the double stroller. It's still in the box...
What I miss: physical comfort in my body. If it's not heartburn, then it's exhaustion, or tons of BH contractions or the more painful "real" contractions (nothing regular though). Honestly, despite these nagging issues, I still feel quite good... they're just annoying!
What I am looking forward to: I just don't know anymore! I'm really excited about meeting this guy and want him to hurry his little rump up... but I'm also trying to soak in these last few days (or weeks) of our little family of 3! I guess just trying to be "in the moment" and not looking too far ahead right now.
What's different this time: I never got around to writing Jonah's 38 week post last time, so this is already improvement! J was born at 38 weeks, 6 days, but I just couldn't get that blog post done... I'm a little more on top of things this time. Despite my "progress", I still feel like this kid could come in the next 2 hours or 2 weeks. I really thought he'd make his appearance somewhere during 38 weeks... Maybe I have a 39 week post coming??

Jonah had his 18 month pictures this past weekend and our amazing photographer snagged this sweet picture of the brothers! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment