Thursday, June 21, 2012

Nolan's Nursery

I guess I have put off this post long enough... Welcome to Nolan's nursery!

The before shot:
Pretty blank and boring, eh?

And then freshly painted in lucent yellow:

For Nolan's nursery, we chose to do vintage airplanes! The inspiration came from my grandfather who passed away 3 years ago. He was in the Air Force and served during WWII in Europe and then spent his entire life working on and with airplanes. My mom had these awesome prints framed years ago and hung in his house for as long as I can remember. The prints are all from Pan Am, the company my grandfather spent the majority of his career working for. Our inspiration started there and here's the finished product!





Here's a close-up shot of the big framed artwork that was our inspiration

A close-up of the curtains - which I love! 

My amazing hairdresser surprised me about 2 weeks before Nolan was born with this beauty that one of her clients made. She saw that I had pinned it on Pinterest and thought it was so cute (plus her son's room is done in airplanes, too)! Thanks, Veronica! Told you it matched perfectly!!

And a quick back story on the blue piece of furniture. It didn't originally start off as blue. Technically it also has doors (which we didn't bother with) and a glass shelf (which just sounded dangerous for a child's room). 

Now painted in blue, but not sanded yet. 

Finished! 

Close-up of the antiqued edges. 
I must say, it was a fun project to do! Maybe my mom and I will go into antiquing furniture! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment