Weekly Update:
How far along: 29 weeks, 5 days - farewell 20-something weeks...
How big is baby: New food this week: squash or more specifically, butternut squash. This week the average size is about 2.75 lbs (and he's about to start gaining roughly a half-pound each week). Length is 10.5 inches crown-to-rump and between 15 and 17 inches long head-to-heels. Let's just say this kid is getting big, and has a good bit more growing still left to do.
Total weight gain: My scale saga is continuing. So it appears that I lost another pound this week bringing me back down to 17 lbs total. I was at the OB at 26 weeks and again this past week with no documented change in weight, so it's definitely not my scale. I'm thinking it may have had to do with the cold I had been fighting the last week and a half (although I had been drinking a lot more water than usual... strange).
Maternity clothes: Yep, and I don't think that will change until very late this year or even into next year (depending on his arrival schedule). I am almost up an entire 2 sizes in t-shirts these days. I'm starting to raid Randy's shirts because even my larger-sized ones are getting tight.
Cravings: Had another desire for sushi that I submitted to, but otherwise no other serious craving. I really feel like I will eat anything. Although, I am starting to notice that I "feel" full faster these days even though I know I might still be hungry. Think it has anything to do with my stomach losing real estate in my abdomen?
Sleep: I do love sleeping, but I am not sleeping as comfortably as I used to. I feel like I wake up more to roll over (I go back and forth between right and left sides) during the night because it takes a lot more energy to coordinate that movement now. I wouldn't say that sleeping is a difficult task as of yet.
Movement: Oh yes, he's there. This past Friday, I don't think he stopped moving all day long. Normally he follows a basic schedule of awake/asleep, but I guess he had a lot to do Friday. I really think he moved constantly all day with no more than a couple minutes of rest between movements. He wore me out just thinking about all the moves he made.
Best moment this week: I had a very nice compliment this week from a patient at our facility. She told me that I was one of the only women she has seen that can wear the "tighter maternity styles" well. I thought that was a nice thing to say (and makes me not feel like a whale). I did get to hear that little guy's heartbeat again and it sounds very solid. OB says he's measuring right on target for 29 weeks and attributes my "smallness" compared to other women at this point to my long torso. Apparently, a long torso means you have a deeper pelvis for the baby to basically "hide" in and you don't carry all out in front. Anyway, it's nice to have reassurance that I'm not huge, nor am I too small.
What I miss: So my recent issue is with bending over. I do a good bit of stooping and bending over during the day and it's starting to get uncomfortable. If it doesn't cause a sudden onset of temporary reflux, then it's just a difficult task that I try to avoid. I actually starting asking Randy to pick things up for me so I wouldn't have to bend down. Just to clarify, I can bend over and stoop, I just try to minimize how many times I do it.
What I am looking forward to: I'm starting to feel the urge to really begin nesting. I am realizing that I am a mere couple months away and time these days flies by... so, I have a lot to do. Getting things prepared for his arrival is somewhat daunting, but truly is something I am looking forward to. I feel like I am reaching a new emotional point in my pregnancy that just feels very good and natural.
Pregnancy rant: My feet/calves are starting to randomly hurt again. I haven't quite had a lot of swelling in them, but just a pain some days that I can't seem to shake. I admit I have had to pee more these days... and it's annoying. And I think he's figured out how to kick my bladder now, which really doesn't help the situation. So really just a new onslaught of normal pregnancy things to have to deal with.
Make sure you vote on the poll! Seems half the crowd says early and the other half says late with a few staying safe at "on time".
Aha! You have to pee! You are human! I'm going to go tell Matt.
ReplyDelete