Weekly Update:
How far along: 30 weeks, 5 days
How big is baby: Squash or head-of-cabbage-ish in size. Should be weighing in right around 3 lbs, with a length of 10.75 inches crown-to-rump or somewhere around 15-17 inches head-to-heels (no change there).
Total weight gain: Alright, we're moving in the right direction again! Seems we're trying to make up for the lost weight over the past 2 weeks with a hefty 2 lbs to the total this week. Overall gain is looking like 19 lbs right now. Will have an official weigh-in with the OB later this week.
Maternity clothes: Yes, but I really don't have any problems with it. Maybe I am not sick of maternity clothing because I still live in scrubs most days. So I don't fit my normal scrub tops and wear the maternity stretchy t-shirts with my regular scrub bottoms (although tight)...eh, who cares. I'm sure I'll be ready for normal clothes in a few weeks though.
Cravings: I officially had a totally random, un-suggested craving this week... get ready. I wanted a root beer/coke float. Of all the things in the world to want, that's what I wanted the other night. I had Randy stop at the store for coke at like 10pm so I could make a float when I got home. Ha, I do have cravings... or a single craving!
Sleep: I dread the day when I don't sleep well. Until then, I will continue to get all the sleep I can. Increasing number of bathroom trips is annoying, but still not a huge inconvenience. Still only need one trip a night, some nights of the week. I would still venture to say that most nights I sleep the whole night without having to get up.
Movement: Yes, and I do believe he prefers my right side to my left side. He seems to just hang out over on the right (Randy thinks that means he'll be very conservative...). My mom actually saw and felt him move for the first time this week. She didn't like our game of him kicking, then I give a nudge back to him... I think he's responding to my nudges!
Best moment this week: Ok, my super-huge dilemma is now over. I finally decided on a diaper bag. I have been debating over which bag I wanted for months now. I liked a little of everything from a number of brands, but just could not settle on one. Until I realized that one of the brands launched a new style, in a new print... and then I was in love! Once it arrives and I check it over to make sure it really is what I want, I will share.
What I miss: Lots of things these days. I'm having a hard time keeping up.... :( Seriously though, I really have enjoyed being pregnant, even if it does mean that I have to give up a few things for the time being. On my way to work the other morning, I was thinking about all the movements he was making and realized how much I am going to miss that feeling. It's a really nice experience to feel all his little movements and interpret them!
What I am looking forward to: Another OB appointment this week (yes, I have reached the every-two-weeks appointment scheduling for the next month). Should have the nursery painting wrapped up this weekend (yes, I know that has turned out to be a long, drawn out project). Just generally getting things together for this little guy.
Pregnancy rant: Ugh, apparently my body didn't like the delicious creamy broccoli/cheddar soup I had for lunch on Monday. My feet and ankles got HUGE! I'm realizing that the swelling isn't much of a problem normally, but there have been two instances so far where it had to be something I ate to make my legs swell so much, so fast. I'd like my malleoli back, please.
And, for your entertainment. I have heard this song a couple times on the radio recently and it made me chuckle because (in my head) I have contorted the meaning of these lyrics to be for my current situation. Enjoy!
[Starting with the chorus]
And I know someday it'll all turn out
You'll make me work, so can we work to work it out
And I promise you, kid, that I give so much more than I get
I just haven't met you yet
I might have to wait, I'll never give up
I guess it's half timing, and the other half's luck
Wherever you are, whenever it's right
You'll come out of nowhere and into my life
And I know that we can be so amazing
And baby, you're love it gonna change me
And now I can see every possibility
And somehow I know it'll all turn out
You'll make me work, so we can work to work it out
And I promise you, kid, that I give so much more than I get
I just haven't met you yet
--Michael Buble, Haven't Met You Yet
Sis, did you really say malleoli on here? :)
ReplyDelete