Wednesday, October 20, 2010

31 weeks

Weekly Update: 
How far along: 31 weeks, 6 days (sorry... I will be on time for next week's post)
How big is baby: still squash or head-of-cabbage-ish in size. Average weight is between 3 and 3.5 lbs with a length of roughly 11 inches crown-to-rump or somewhere around 16-17ish inches head-to-heels. Hopefully at next week's post I will have an actual rough measurement of him instead of averages for the week since we're checking in on him this Friday for measurement via ultrasound.  At 31 weeks, my uterus was measuring at 33 cm (the week should correlate to the uterus measurement, hence the ultrasound to see if he's big or just too much amniotic fluid. 
Total weight gain: Officially re-gained the weight from the lost-weight-weeks - another 1-2 lbs this past week putting me at a grand total of around 21 lbs. A little bit of fluctuating throughout the week, but it's at least one pound and could be 2 total. Will see how this next week's weight goes.... Apparently he's supposed to be going through a growth spurt right now and putting on like 1/2 a pound a week.  
Maternity clothes: Yes, no change here. I do confess to actually wearing Randy's scrub pants now. They're much roomier and I can fold them down at the waist for comfort. Eh, it's not worth buying maternity scrubs, I can make the next several weeks work. 
Cravings: Another craving this week! Sunday morning I definitely made hot cocoa with marshmallows. And I'm back on the chocolate milk kick. Seriously, I never drank chocolate milk before I got pregnant. 
Sleep: ok, most nights I'm up for one bathroom break, but it's usually like the hour before my alarm clock goes off so that's pretty close to the whole night without one. I can't say it's every night, but definitely most. Still sleeping just fine... 
Movement: Yes, and he's still over on the right side. His new game is to stick an arm or a leg out waaaay over on my side (which my oblique muscle doesn't totally love) and it usually catches me off guard. He put on a show for us at the OB appointment on Saturday... His heart rate was way up in like the 160s at first but he was moving around like crazy. He would stop moving, then his heart rate would come back down. Then he'd start moving around again and it would jump back up - kinda cool to know his central nervous system is working to control his heart rate! Also talked to the midwife about counting kicks and she made the comment... "I think he's moving around just fine. In the past 2 minutes he's made at least 10 movements!"
Best moment this week: Diaper bag - check! It's a keeper! Also, I'm sure you'll all be glad to know that we finally finished painting the nursery! :) Gotta get the furniture set up and it somewhat decorated so I can put up some pictures. I'm actually very impressed with what we were able to do, not being professional painters and all. So... a diaper bag reveal and nursery reveal posts to come! 
What I miss: I can only wear a few pair of shoes these days, and that makes me sad. My feet get swollen quickly if I don't wear the right kind so I'm really ready for boot weather where I can hide these ever-expanding boats I call my feet.  Oh, and I set aside my wedding rings this week. :( I can wear them, but they're getting a bit uncomfortably tight. Hoping the swelling will go down and I can wear them again soon!
What I am looking forward to: Pretty excited (and a little nervous) about having this ultrasound! We haven't seen him since way back at 18 weeks when we found out it was a 'him'. It'll also be nice to know how he is growing and to make sure the fluid levels are where they need to be. Friday afternoon, a quick prayer for a healthy baby (again) is requested! :)
Pregnancy rant: well, apparently reflux can make you cough. And I have had this incessant cough for a couple weeks now. I don't feel like I have reflux all the time, but it's a little more frequent than it used to be, hence an almost incessant cough. It's an annoying dry cough that just won't go away. Ugh, I'm ready to trade in the reflux + cough for something else; I've had enough!

Please vote if you haven't already! I have a sneaking suspicion that people may be swayed by the results of the ultrasound if it shows that he is actually a bit larger - so vote before that happens! 

No comments:

Post a Comment