Weekly Update:
How far along: 28 weeks, 5 days. (sorry, a little bit late this week)
How big is baby: Average size for baby is eggplant or chinese cabbage (whatever that looks like) and is about 10 inches in crown-to-rump or 15-16 inches head-to-heels. Weight for this week is between 2 and 2.5 lbs!
Total weight gain: Yeah... so that 2 lbs last week disappeared this week (see? sometimes it is water weight... I think). My scale says I lost about a pound so my total is back down to 18. And I promise I have been weighing myself several times this week just to make sure. At one point it said I lost 3 lbs... can't always believe one measurement.
Maternity clothes: Yes, and I still find them comfortable! Made a few new purchases to help me get through the fall and growing into items that felt big earlier in the pregnancy.
Cravings: I can honestly say that I have not craved milk this week. Or anything else - yep, same 'ol boring story here.
Sleep: I still am sleeping well, but my recent sinus/respiratory illness is affecting my sleep habits. I am getting big enough now (or rather, he is getting big enough now) that I am more consistently waking up once at night to pee. I wouldn't say it's like clockwork just yet, but it's becoming more of a habit (and I don't like it). Then again, my waking up at night could be closely correlated to the fact that I can't breathe! (more below).
Movement: I was able to simultaneously identify 3 extremities the other night (which was kind of cool), but unlike other women, I had no clue if what I felt was feet, knees, elbow, or hands. They were definitely extremities though. He's also been hanging out more on my right side recently. I can tell that he's starting to really 'fill up' my abdomen now; it almost all feels like 'him' and not just 'belly'.
Best moment this week: Honestly, I have had several comments this week about how I am looking 'all belly'. It may sound weird, but it's kind of nice to hear that. I really dreaded being engulfed by the pregnancy state and just ballooning up all over the place, but it seems to be mostly concentrated. And to further expand on his right-sided preference these days... I really love that he has one extremity (I really think it has to be a foot) that seems to always be in one spot. It's almost comforting to know that I can reach down and most times find it right there.
What I miss: So I mentioned shortness of breath last week... this week my shortness of breath is really bad. I have had a cold/sinus-respiratory-thing for a week now and to summarize: I can't breathe. I miss breathing; the efficient exchange of oxygen and carbon dioxide in my lungs. I miss not looking like a fish with my mouth gaping open just so I can breathe.
What I am looking forward to: getting over this stupid cold! I confess that I am not a good sick person in general, but being pregnant and sick is miserable. I know that I have been blessed with a very easy pregnancy so far with few complaints, but this past week has been awful. So, I'd really like to get over this! Oh, and this Saturday we are going to the Braves game with friends (you know who you are...) and it's the game where they are honoring Bobby Cox AND it's against the Phillies AND they are in the race for the wild card. Kind of looking forward to this.
Pregnancy rant: I. hate. being. sick. (I think that summarizes it).
AND... in case you missed it last week, there is a new poll up! Make sure you get your vote in before Thanksgiving!
I have those pj pants! love it! :)
ReplyDelete