Weekly Update:
How far along: 25 weeks, 3 days
How big is baby: new food comparisons this week! Baby is the size of an eggplant or a rutabaga! Crown-to-rump is between 8.75 and 9 inches or head-to-heels is about 13.5 inches. Weight should be about 1.5 lbs this week. Also read that the uterus is the size of a soccer ball right now (that seems really big...)
Total weight gain: another pound? Once again, my weight was a little up and down from a total of 14 lbs to 16.5 lbs so it's probably safe to say it's 1 for the week, bringing me to 16.
Maternity clothes: Same old story. Although I am quickly outgrowing my scrub tops (which are non-maternity).
Cravings: still love milk. Plain milk, chocolate milk, strawberry milk. Yep, I drink it all.
Sleep: I think I am sleeping better these days than I did when I was much smaller in size. Although I have had a few nights where I was abruptly taken from my sleep due to a cramp in my calf that only subsides with standing. By the way, I feel that I should draw attention to my current sleeping situation. Randy and I sleep in a queen sized bed. Our cat, Elsie, has learned to sleep on a blanket at the foot of the bed on my side (I think it's because Randy kicked her a few too many times). I have added a body pillow since becoming pregnant which has made sleeping on my side very comfortable. But just think about all that squished onto one-half of a bed. Me + growing belly + body pillow + cat at foot of bed = 1/2 of queen bed. Randy = 1/2 of queen bed. And he has been stealing the covers the last few nights...
Movement: Quite often, and I think I felt his little hiccups for the first time the other day. He's starting to spread out around my abdomen so that when he moves, I feel it in two very different places. He's also big enough and kicks hard enough that you can see him moving at times.
Best moment this week: It's officially fall! I know the calendar doesn't say it is yet, but I work off of a sports-based calendar so when college football starts, it's fall. The real calendar will catch up in a couple weeks. Plus it appears that mother nature is realizing it's fall too and I love this weather. The only thing I don't like about fall is that it's the season just before winter and technically my due date is just before the start of winter... yikes!
What I miss: not having reflux randomly. It's not every meal, or even every day. It catches me by surprise after meals, but seems to subside with laying down or eating a little something (I know, the exact opposite treatments for reflux, but whatever works, I am going for it). There have been a couple times that it has come on so strong and so quickly that it's made me feel like I was going to be sick - but I have not as of yet.
What I am looking forward to: picking a name. This poor child is nameless as of right now, but not because of a lack of trying. We thought we had decided on one, but now have a new contender we're wrestling with. Regardless of what we decide, you'll be waiting 'til he arrives to find out! :)
Pregnancy rant: totally lacking in rants at the moment. Just embracing the changes as they come!
And I just had to share my Sunday afternoon post-Church, post-lunch moment! I am a nerd and cut coupons and here was my little helper today:
I wasn't on the couch for more than 30 seconds before she jumped right up and made herself comfortable.
I think this proves that she knows what's going on, she just hasn't realized how much her world is going to change once he arrives. She's going to be a good big sister, right? :)
Hey just wanted to say that I enjoy reading this blog and I think it's well written. A couple of questions I'd like answered would be- your biggest fears and tell us some things that you dream about concerning the baby(will he be a PT or an athlete etc).
ReplyDelete