Monday, September 20, 2010

27 weeks


anyone else think this kid is going through a growth spurt??

Weekly Update: 
How far along: 27 weeks, 4 days. Now that I have entered the third trimester, I realize how little time I have left to prepare... 
How big is baby: Eggplant or a head of cauliflower-sized measuring 9.67 inches in crown-to-rump or 15 inches head-to-heels. Average weight for this week is right at or just over 2 lbs. 
Total weight gain: Gained 2(?!) lbs this week bringing my total to a whopping 19 lbs. 
Maternity clothes: Yes. At this point, I qualify for maternity-styled clothing, but continue to have trouble fitting into a lot of items. I'm noticing that not all maternity items are made the same, some are more appropriate for second trimester (and fit quite nicely right now) while other items are still way too big. 
Cravings: I realized this past week that I don't have the crazy cravings other pregnant women report, but rather suffer from a case of being easily persuaded. For example, I don't crave strange foods and don't want food at odd hours of the day. Instead, I see a food item or hear someone mention and food item and then I want it. I think it's been a decade since I had butterscotch pudding, but when someone (Lauren) had it for lunch this past week, I wanted it. There was no desire for butterscotch pudding prior to seeing her take it out of her lunch, nor have I made Randy go to the store specifically for the pudding, but I just wanted butterscotch pudding...at some point (which Lauren happily supplied for me the next day at lunch). See? Just easily persuaded. 
Sleep: It's wonderful. I think that the further into the pregnancy I go, the deeper of a sleeper I am becoming. Friday night I unexpectedly fell asleep on the couch and did not hear our home phone ring twice with messages left on our answering machine, or two phone calls on my cell phone. I was completely out. 
Movement: The gymnastics are continuing. I know it seems impossible, but I feel like he somehow got  lower this past week! He's already sitting quite low and has more than enough room to expand upward (thanks to my graciously long torso), but he's still way down there. I know at some point he will migrate upward and I will miss the days when he was low because of the dreaded foot-in-the-rib routine I hear so much about...  
Best moment this week: I have not received a phone call from the OB regarding my glucose tolerance test results so I am hoping that means I passed it. They said I would know by the end the week (this past Friday) so I interpret that to be 'no news is good news'. AND... we've officially started painting the nursery! :) Ran out of paint, so another trip to the paint store is in order, but the project has begun (and that's what matters). 
What I miss: Not feeling winded after a long walk or several flights of stairs. I thought I would have no problem managing the walk from our car to Sanford Stadium for the UGA game this past Saturday... ugh. Between the heat, the distance, a full bladder, and some mildly cramping calf muscles - I was exhausted by the time I found my seat. Even leaving the game and going up all those stairs/hills was wearing me out. I am quite saddened by my current physical state. :(
What I am looking forward to: I'm pretty excited about getting the nursery going. It's been on the back burner for so long that it feels so "new" now. Headed to Starkville, MS on Saturday to take in all the sights, including seeing the Dawgs WIN...for cryin' out loud... (if it looks anything like the games against South Carolina or Arkansas, I'm going to be so bummed). 
Pregnancy rant: No rant this week, but I did post a new poll (in honor of reaching the final trimester) so check it out and get your votes in by Thanksgiving! :) This should prove to be a more challenging vote than the first poll! C'mon, it was a 50/50 shot before... now it's 1 in 5. Enjoy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment