Aiden & Anais muslin blankets: We got a set of these for Jonah, but honestly didn't use them all that much with Jonah because I felt like they were too light for a winter baby. Nolan is wearing them out though! They are oversized, but thin and light which help in this summer heat. I can swaddle him up in them (and he can break out if he chooses), use them to transition him sleeping in his crib if unswaddled, lay over the infant carrier if we are out and about, and even used them as a nursing cover several times before while sitting in the car.
Baby K'tan: Holy moly. I love this carrier! I used a generic sling with Jonah and it was just okay. We also have the chicco you + me carrier, but you can't use it until they're a little bigger. This is the best carrier out there, I swear. No crazy long wrap to do origami with your body, but major benefits of baby holding for closeness and bonding. This is how I can grocery shop, walk around inside and take J to music class! For shopping, Jonah gets in the cart, Nolan gets in the baby k'tan -- it's like magic. I have two kids and yet both of my hands are free to do things. So far I have only used the "hug" hold with Nolan, but he and I both like it! Fan of the Moby wrap or something similar?? Check this out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFNA34DSnbw

Chicco Double Stroller: I confess I have a love/hate relationship with this thing. First of all, it's a tank. It's big, takes up a lot of space in the back of my Pilot and it's heavy to take in and out. The reality is, though, that I need it to go places. Having two this close in age means I have to be able to wrangle both of them simultaneously sometimes... like outlet mall shopping. :) Pros: you can put the infant carrier in either seat! For example, Jonah likes riding in the front seat because he can see out and interact with the world while buckled in. But what did I do when this kid started to fall asleep and fall out of the seat? I switched the kids! With the back seat flat, Jonah took a nap and Nolan rode in seat number 1.



No comments:
Post a Comment