Size: at his most recent check-up, Jonah weighed in at just shy of 27 pounds and was (we think inaccurately) measured at 34 inches tall. We think he's a little shorter than that, about 33 inches is our guess). These days he's in all 18-24 month clothes and size 5-6 size shoes.
Mobility: running, jumping, climbing, kicking, throwing. That pretty much sums him up. This past month, the faster he can run, higher he can jump, and harder he can throw and kick, the happier he is. Of course, he's more daring and more capable of injuring himself and others! I would say the one thing that stands out to us this past month has been his kicking. Now I am no soccer guru, but I feel like his kicking ability seems above average for his age... Maybe you'll be seeing Jonah play on the 2032 Olympic US Men's Soccer Team! Hehe, jk.
Fine Motor: can pretty well handle the fork and spoon for meals (if he wants to). I made this cool purchase of the Designer Diner mat which is just a mealtime mat you can keep in your bag, but the coolest part is the back -- chalkboard mat with chalk holder! [You can find it here: http://www.bellatunno.com/designer-diner/preppy-boy-designer-diner.html] Needless to say, he's getting good at chalk art in restaurants. :)
Language: lots of new words this month! Some notable favorties: airplane, flower, wagon, ear, help, open, up, "I got it", night night, shoe, trash, belly, pool, brother, baby, bug, ant, boom boom (as in Chicka Chicka Boom Boom), bucket, shovel, water
Personality: I'm sure I will jinx this, but Jonah is really a very good listener! Now I know he has his moments, but I am generally proud of him when we are around others in how well he will listen to me. He basically always listens when I ask him to share, and will come to me, pick up items, throw trash away, etc. most of the time I ask. This is all very helpful with a newborn! Of course he has his opinions and tests me at times. And of course, he is settling into his role as big brother! He loves Nolan (calls him baby or brother) and is always interested in what is going on with him. Whenever he gets a chance to interact with him on the floor, he goes nuts! Jonah loves to lay down next to him and talk to him. He says goodnight to him and gives kisses on the head before bedtime.
Jonah-isms: almost always says thank you when you give him something; loves to ask for more of everything; hears and sees every airplane in the sky; is starting to love the pool; every bug he sees is a "bee", squishes ants with his finger; says "I got it" every time when chasing a soccer ball; gets big smiles on his face when we say our "God is Great" mealtime blessing.
Toddler Moments: he's figured out during one of this tantrums to cling to your leg and/or get in front of you -- wherever you are and whatever you are doing... Walking, standing at the sink, etc; has put himself in time out twice now.
No comments:
Post a Comment