How far along: 31 weeks, 3 days (yes, I skipped the 30 week post-- sorry!)
How big is baby: Squash or head of cabbage; basically between 3-3.5lbs! 11 inches crown-to-rump and 16-17 inches head-to-heels in length. So far, I'm measuring right on track.
Total weight gain: My scale and the OB scale perfectly lined up yesterday: 17 lbs gained so far.
Maternity clothes: Oh yes, but still working in my regular scrub pants (just folded down).
Cravings: Cheetos and Easter candy (especially jelly beans).
Sleep: Some leg cramps again over the past few nights and some hot flashes, but otherwise no problemst all.
Movement: I think he was praising on Easter Sunday because he would not stop wiggling through the entire service! :) He's a wiggle worm.
Best moment this week: I've cleaned out what will be dragon's room (nesting is starting to really kick in) and we officially have the glider and crib. Some assembly required. :)
What I miss: I really could have used an alcoholic beverage on a couple of occasions. I guess I'm a little stressed over his impending arrival and have needed something to bring me back down to reality.
What I am looking forward to: Sherwin-Williams has all their paint 40% off starting tomorrow. Guess we'll be painting Dragon's nursery this weekend!
What's different this time: Still no swelling, blood pressure is still good, I'm still wearing my rings and I don't have to wear Randy's scrub pants to work. All positives! Truth be told, I've had some twinges of pain in my pelvis (which I didn't have with Jonah), but so far, nothing lasting more than a day or two.
And since I'm being honest... I'm quite scared about having a second child. I feel like it's been such an "in the future" scenario, I haven't really been thinking about it all... until now. The thought of having to manage two bedtimes, two feeding schedules, two cranky little boys -- oy! Maybe my hormones are just changing and I'm more emotional right now, but I feel like I'm going to have a mental breakdown just thinking about taking care of them both... at home... for 3 months... by myself. Yikes. God bless all you SAHMs with multiple children because I am falling apart over here just thinking through my day with two. Now don't get me wrong, I am very much attached to this little boy inside of me right now, but that's exactly the point -- I'm attached to him inside of me. I don't have to feed him and bathe him and change him and sit for 45 minutes at a time with him nursing while I deal with a (very cranky) 16 (but will be 18)-month old. Perhaps it's just that magical combination of Jonah being a grumpy bug with these stinkin' molars coming in and my emotions running on high, but I feel like I'm gonna fall apart any second.
Whew. Glad that's off my chest. Hopefully I'll get my act together in the coming weeks and find the strength (and schedule) to endure.

No comments:
Post a Comment