Weekly Update:
How far along: 19 weeks, 4 days (almost to the halfway mark!)
How big is baby: baby is mango-sized; average size right now is about 6 inches long and between 7 and 8 oz (but he weighed in 10 days ago at 8 oz) so I'm guessing he's more around 9 oz?
Total weight gain: between 7 and 8 lbs. I think this is the first week in my second trimester I haven't put on an entire pound in one week. I gained almost nothing in my first trimester, even though I wasn't sick for a second, but the second trimester has been where all the weight has come. I think he might be slowing his growth spurt because my weight gain is slowing and I'm not starving like I was a couple weeks ago.
Maternity clothes: maternity bottoms, yes. Maternity tops, not yet. I'm big enough to make most of my regular shorts/pants uncomfortable, but not big enough to need maternity shirts. I did actually fit into a pair of my regular, non-maternity jeans the other day! I do confess that they were my "fat" jeans though - c'mon, you know you have a pair... those jeans that are just a little bigger than your other pairs and are always more comfortable when you are feeling fat. Those are not fat jeans anymore - they assure me that I am not a whale yet! :)
Cravings: I keep waiting for a strong craving to kick in, but I haven't had one yet. I do confess to enjoying a lovely scoop of Maggie Moo's ice cream yesterday! Give me a break, it was a million degrees outside and we had already done some work in the yard and tackled our gigantic pile of dirty dishes. It was very much deserved - and kept us going at 9:30pm when we were still planting trees in our backyard and hadn't had dinner!
Sleep: Yes, I love sleep. Before I was pregnant, I loved sleep and was a 7-8 hours/night sleeper. Now, I really think I sleep over 9 every night. Enjoying my sleep before it's all gone... :(
Movement: Yep, he's in there. Still inconsistent and usually not strong enough for anyone to feel except me. Although, I've started noticing him move while I am in different positions. At first, I only felt him move when I was laying on my back. Now, I am starting to feel him move when I am sitting.
Best moment this week: Winning a 'Family Membership' to the High Museum at the Hope for Nicholas Benefit Concert! Yep, this kid is going to be cultured.
What I miss: A nice cold alcoholic beverage. Man, I really wanted a glass of wine last night after all that yard work... oh well. Would have liked a margarita at Jenny & Wade's wedding too! Thanks friends, for drinking one for me. :)
What I am looking forward to: The Dave Matthews Band concert on Tuesday night!!!! Oh, and baby-related... definitely would like to have an idea of how to decorate his nursery. Still throwing around options.
Pregnancy rant: My feet hurt. I know it's way too early for my feet to be hurting, but they do. Perhaps it's all the barefoot/flip-flop wearing I have been doing this summer. I really can't remember a time when my feet hurt so many times each week. I don't even think marching band hurt my feet this much. I have repeatedly diagnosed myself with plantar fasciitis or a heel spur. Last night after all the yard work (and I wore sneakers the whole time), my feet were actually throbbing! I would love a foot masseuse to be on call through December.
No comments:
Post a Comment