Tuesday, July 20, 2010

18 weeks

(For those of you who didn't read the gender revealing post already, I would read that first cause this post will give it away!)


Weekly Update: 
How far along: 18 weeks, 5 days
How big is baby: large tomato or sweet potato; At our appointment 4 days ago, baby weighed 8 oz. Sources say at this age he should be somewhere between 5 and 7 oz, and around 5-6 inches. 
Total weight gain: around 7 lbs so far. 
Maternity clothes: I confess I prefer my maternity skirts, shorts, and capris over my regular clothes. No problem with stretchy stuff like yoga pants, athletic shorts, etc. though. Still fit in regular shirts, just picky about which ones I like to wear. 
Cravings: Seriously, I have no strong or consistent cravings. I do confess to drinking a lot more milk than I used to. Sometimes chocolate is involved. 
Sleep: Still love sleeping. No problems so far. 
Movement: Yes! It's official, this kid is moving around like crazy. A couple weeks ago it was just "butterflies", but the last 10 days or so have been distinct nudges. He's still not consistent with his movements, but I am starting to pay attention so I know his schedule! :) Got Randy to feel him once so far - he was really moving that time. 
Best moment this week: Knowing our baby was healthy on the ultrasound. It's nice to know he's average to bigger as well (I was afraid he's be under-weight). Oh, and we're pretty stoked about having a boy! Honestly, I'm not sure I'd know what to do with a girl...  
What I miss: I still miss the "normal" feeling... it's just weird to be still sort of  caught in the middle. I realize there's a bulge in my belly, but it's no bump. I know every woman is different and carries differently, but I feel small for this point in the pregnancy. My mom claims she didn't really "pop" until about 6 months and blames it on her long torso. I've got a long torso too so maybe that's why...
What I am looking forward to: Getting organized. Now that we know it's a boy, I want to get his nursery going! I know I've got just under 5 months 'til he arrives, but I don't want to be waiting to the last minute! 
Pregnancy rant: I really have no rant this week!! I will make a recommendation though. For those of you pregnant or who may become pregnant, I would really recommend the Ingrid & Isabel Bella Band. I came across it when poking around online and it is a pretty awesome thing. At this point, it has been one of those useful clothing articles for the "in between" stage I have been hanging out in. I could wear it with regular shorts/pants and could unbutton them but put the Bella Band over it to keep them from falling. What I have used it most for is transitioning into the maternity shorts/pants which were/are a little too big but still more comfortable than regular clothes. They are a little pricey online, but I bought mine on eBay for significantly less than the regular price. Sizing is pretty easy too if you visit the Ingrid & Isabel website (http://www.ingridandisabel.com/). 

No comments:

Post a Comment