Size: With no official check-up this month, I'll have to just ballpark a guess on weight and length. My guess is maybe 16lbs but I laid him on a pediatric scale in passing the other day with a dry diaper and clothes on and it read 17.5lbs! I just about can't believe that and disregard it, which is why I am sticking with my guess of 16lbs. As far as length, I'll assume maybe a half inch to an inch in length, putting him about 23.5-24 inches long. He's wearing all 3-6 month and 6 month clothes, outgrowing his 0-6 month socks and wearing size 2 diapers.
Mobility: Head control is getting steadier but still wobbly at times. His tummy time is improving and he's doing better at holding his head up to look around. Tummy time doesn't seem to be something he loves nor something he hates, so that's a positive. I have discovered that he knows how to roll from his back to his right side! He did it several times in a row one night and has continued to do it since then. Overall, he is starting to really enjoy "mat time" and loves to lay there and kick. I remember Jonah. in particular, loved to kick and wiggle a ton--Westley does too! He found his hands this month and loves to put them at his mouth.
Sleep: Most of the month has consisted of sleeping around 4-6 hours first, followed by 1-2 rounds of 2-3 hour chunks. He's been great at waking, eating and going right back to sleep. Most of the month has been with his swaddled but we've been trying to transition him out of it by leaving an arm out. Here recently, he's been having more trouble initially falling asleep and generally just acting uncomfortable for some reason. This has accompanied shorter sleep trends of 1-4 hour chunks (ugh!) at night and a little more difficulty going back to sleep. I'm praying it is just a phase and he is in a growth spurt because this cannot continue. Naps have been a bit hard to nail down, usually on the go in the carseat/swing/bouncer or in the ergo/someone holding him. The nap in the crib has been a somewhat rare thing and if it happens, is often short-lived (maybe 20 mins). In the past week, we've discovered that he likes to sleep on his side and/or with his lovey cuddled up to him! First of all, it's adorable and second, he's sleeping! Hooray! Now if I can just revert him back to good night sleeping and good naps...
Personality: What a perfect little personality to add to our family. I can't wait to see him grow and change because he is a good, sweet baby. He's a cuddler, loves to be held, and these days loves to "talk" to you and smile. It just melts my heart. Man, when Westley stares at you and studies you with those blue eyes, then flashes a big 'ol gummy grin, I'm a puddle. When we first put him in his car seat, he usually protests (we're on the go a little too much for his liking, I'm afraid), but will often calm down and generally takes a snooze. Of course, when something is wrong, he lets you know!! And he's not afraid to speak up
Loves: his lovey (which needs a name), blankets, Jonah & Nolan, mommy & daddy, ergo, bathtime, his hands, music, sitting up and looking around, mat time, sticking his tongue out
Dislikes: naps, car seat (at first). being set down!
Happy 3 months, Westley!
No comments:
Post a Comment