Size: Official weigh-in has Nolan at exactly 11lbs (32%) and 22 inches long (16%). Nolan is wearing all 0-3 and 3 month clothes. Those newborn outfits are long gone and packed away already! Made the switch to size 1 diapers a few weeks ago and he seems much happier! Maybe it's just me, but I feel like his feet are getting too big for his newborn shoes already (he only has 2 pair -- one are his sandals)!
Sleep: If there is one thing this kid is good at, it's sleeping at night! We've started to get into a schedule and he's usually asleep between 9:30-10pm and will sleep between 6-8 hours! Yay! And then he'll nurse really fast and go right back to sleep. Unfortunately, I'm a wuss and I haven't moved him to his crib yet. :( He's still sleeping swaddled up next to my bed in the rock 'n play sleeper. As far as daytime sleeping -- it's a daily battle. Normally I can get him down for one solid nap a day (about 2 hours) in his crib. The caveat? He's a stomach sleeper. Other than that, he'll sometimes nap in the carrier or on you for maybe 30-45 minutes and then does this crazy power nap for less than 15 minutes to make up for any lack in sleep. Crazy kid.
Personality: It's safe to say that Nolan has a different personality than Jonah! This past month has been riddled with screaming fits as he is not a patient little guy. Around 6 weeks, we started to wonder if he was colicky, but I really don't think he is -- I think he's just strong-willed! :) He lets himself get upset over things (as newborns do sometimes), but he can be difficult to calm down. I do think that at times his grumpiness has to do with discomfort, as it is more of a high-pitched scream and arching (like he's in pain). I have been trying to crack down on my diet to see if that makes him feel any better. So far my no-no list includes chocolate, caffeine and anything spicy; other possible suspects I'm still feeling out include dairy and citrus.
Loves: being held, big brother, his colorful peacock toy, listening to rattles and music, his fluffy lovie (thanks, Ginny!), blankets, bathtime
Dislikes: pacifiers, being cold, being naked, getting his nose suctioned, being alone
Happy 2 months, Nolan!
No comments:
Post a Comment