Sunday, August 22, 2010

23 weeks



Weekly Update: 
How far along: 23 weeks, 3 days
How big is baby: large mango or papaya; the sources I have been using for size are all over the place, so let's just say roughly 11 inches in length and just over 1 lb! 
Total weight gain: another week, another pound. Total = 14. 
Maternity clothes: Same as before. Maternity bottoms, some maternity tops, but otherwise all my regular clothes. 
Cravings: nothing terribly strong. Really just eat whatever is available. I haven't gone out of my way to find something (other than that sushi last week) or repetitively eaten something because it was all I wanted. 
Sleep: Not a problem...yet. I have had a couple nights recently where I woke up with a killer calf cramp and actually had to stand up for a while to make it ease up. Fell right back asleep, so no major inconvenience. Finding that I am more comfortable on my sides than before. Pre-pregnancy I was mostly a back sleeper with side sleeping tendencies, but it's starting to switch. 
Movement: Every day now. Still don't have him down to a schedule, but the kicks are getting stronger. I still feel like he is really low though, because that's where I feel all of his movement. It cracks me up when he is in (what I like to call) his 'roll cage'. I guess he is rolling or flipping around or doing somersault, but it feels really funny. Randy felt him in his 'roll cage' the other morning and found it amusing too. 
Best moment this week: Two more items arrived for the nursery this week, which completes our order.  Also, apparently I am still "small" for this point in the pregnancy. I guess I would rather be small than big! Just funny how everyone is different. One of my good friends from college is also expecting (due in January) and found out they are having a boy - congrats Autumn and Matt! :)  She's a devoted follower of the blog...  
What I miss: Getting up normally... I know I am not that big, but I already feel that it is harder to stand up from a chair or get out of bed in the morning. It's not that I am incapable, it's really just that it is a little more difficult. 
What I am looking forward to: Glucose tolerance test! ok, not really, but that is scheduled and in my future. Seriously, trying to move forward with the decorating of the nursery. We have a couple projects that need starting (and finishing) which would be nice. Also, we might be starting our birthing class this upcoming weekend...details to come. 
Pregnancy rant: A little over halfway through, and I admit that a lot of those dreaded pregnancy symptoms have found me. Earlier this week I had a bad case of swollen feet - the ugly cankles kind with pitting edema, I might add. Kinda freaked me out, but it has since subsided. Although, I still filled my prescription for TED hose, just to be on the safe side. My hands are a little more swollen than before, but not bad. Been having minor but recurring episodes of reflux - not terribly fun. And, my SI joints started hurting a little as well. No major issues or complaints, but it's just time I acknowledge them (and start counting down the weeks/months remaining with them). 

No comments:

Post a Comment