Weekly Update:
How far along: 22 weeks, 4 days
How big is baby: various fruits and veggies, including: spaghetti squash, head of lettuce or a papaya. One source actually says the size of a small doll. Average size is about 8 inches, but one source says 10 inches. Average weight is between 12.5 oz and a full pound!
Total weight gain: my records show close to 13 lbs, but the OB has me down for 11 lbs as of this past Saturday (I think I gave myself the benefit of the doubt that I gained an extra couple pounds before the OB started counting). Actually, OB told me that my weight gain looks good and that I could "stand to gain a little more".
Maternity clothes: Bottoms, yes. Tops, sort of. I'm probably about 75% regular shirts and 25% maternity tops. Most of the tops are still more form-fitting and stretchy. Not even close to filling up those "later pregnancy" shirts. Not rocking any maternity dresses yet either.
Cravings: Wanted some movie theater buttered popcorn the other day...which I did get. Had a hankering for sushi last night and searched a Kroger and two different Publix locations but could not find any so I had to order some from the Japanese restaurant instead. By the way... yes, I know sushi isn't exactly on my approved pregnancy list, but I eat California rolls, not the crazy raw stuff. And mercury levels shouldn't be a problem either because I really don't eat fish.
Sleep: More please.
Movement: Vigorously. And I enjoy it. Never thought I would like being kicked. Randy can feel a lot of the kicks now too.
Best moment this week: It's official... I look pregnant. People who didn't know were asking at my new job. And I had my first "pregnancy glow" comment. Nice to know people can tell the difference between a spare tire and a baby now.
What I miss: sleeping late. I am now a working adult - which is a 'yay' and a 'boo'. Looking forward to that first paycheck though.
What I am looking forward to: still working on the nursery and would like to get the paint color on the walls. Maybe one of these upcoming weekends we can accomplish that.
Pregnancy rant: Mosquitoes. They have found me and I cannot escape. Every time I am outside for anything longer than about 5-10 minutes, I get bitten. Come to find out, pregnant women have been shown to attract more mosquitoes due to 2 things: increased carbon dioxide production (from the increased breathing rate) and increased body temperature, both of which mosquitoes like. So... I'm done with summer. Let me know when the mosquitoes go into hibernation.
No comments:
Post a Comment