Monday, June 28, 2010

15 weeks

I'm in the middle of my 15th week now, so here's an update:

[So I realize this isn't much of a bump, but there is something there]

Weekly Update:
How far along: 15 weeks, 4 days
How big is baby: about the size of a navel orange or a large apple; about 4 inches and around 2 ounces
Total weight gain: to be honest, I am not sure anymore. My weight the last couple weeks has been up and down and it's back down now putting me at a total of about 3 pounds. We'll see what the doctor says...
Maternity clothes: still no, but the waist is expanding...
Cravings: No strong cravings, but I fell in love with nectarines the other week!
Sleep: sleeping well, but adding pillows. Hopefully Randy gets used to the extra pillows and quits stealing them! :)
Movement: negative :(
Best moment this week: (not best, but funniest) My mom telling me yesterday that I have a pouch...yes, like a kangaroo. Apparently babies grow through the produce section and I change into different animals.
What I miss: doing things without being questioned (see pregnancy rant below).
What I am looking forward to: next OB appointment on Wednesday. And I should get to schedule
the next ultrasound for 2-4 weeks later which just might show us the gender!
Pregnancy rant: With pregnancy comes feelings of being an invalid...at least with family around. Some family members think I should be "resting" all the time and should not participate in anything physical. Of course, that is an older school of thought; it is currently recommended in numerous books and by the OBs to be active, but not risky. It's just annoying to always have to respond to these comments and assure people that I am fine and will be okay doing this task. I am thankful Randy doesn't treat me this way because I think I would have to move out, or kick him out. Being pregnant does not mean you are automatically an invalid. True, I shouldn't be climbing ladders or playing tennis (because you're more likely to trip and fall) or skydiving. Fine. But painting shelves in a well-ventilated area with low-odor paint or doing some yardwork isn't the end of the world - it's exercise! I promise to all my pregnant friends or female friends who may become pregnant...I will NOT treat you like this! You do what you think you can and should do, I won't be the one who questions your actions (unless you are skydiving and I doubt I would be the only one). 

**So sorry if you saw the original post earlier today that had some picture issues...it's the same post, just with a picture now!

No comments:

Post a Comment