Monday, July 1, 2013

Jonah {Spring 2013}

Size: Jonah had his 2.5 year old check-up in early-mid June and here are his stats: 32 lbs (74%) and 37 inches tall (70%). Wearing 2T clothes, size 7 shoes and size 5 diapers.

April:
Favorite words/sayings: "clissors" for "scissors, "I don't know it ", "no, not that way", favorite songs: wheels on the bus, row row boat

Funnies: One day we were riding in the car and Jonah asked "where's my paddywhack?" I had no idea what he was talking about at first. It dawned on me later that he was likely referencing the CD of toddler songs we listen to in the car that has Knick Knack on it.


Observations: Jonah has been using everything as a step to reach up high. He's obsessed with turning the lights on and off standing on wipes containers, reaching up with drum sticks, etc.


Firsts: Jonah got a tricycle and learned how to ride it really fast! I saw him draw a J that was really accurate!  The only intentional thing I've seen him draw/write up to this point was a circle.

May:

Favorite words/sayings: "frinkles" for sprinkles, everything is "down the road", "black babies" for blackberries (I'm not even kidding!), "choose me" for excuse me, tells everything "bye bye" or "night night" and blows a kiss (including people, dump trucks, animals, etc.)


Illness: This month he's had both a little stomach bug and a virus that gave him a 101-102 degree fever for about a day and a half.


Funnies: When Jonah sits down to "read" a book he doesn't know, he'll sit there are flip through pages saying "turn turn turn" on each page. His "funny" word right now is "dumpty"--he cracks up when you say it. We saw a small trash truck on the road, Jonah referred to it as the "tiny, little trash truck" with finger motions referencing how tiny it was.


Observations: Jonah still absolutely loves animals. He's currently in love with a pair of lizards that have taken residence on our front porch and he has to go look for them every time we go outside. We took them to the zoo this month and he loved it (again)! Favorite animals this time: giraffe, rhino, and feeding the budgies. Maybe I'm just hyper-vigilant because of Randy's lisp, but I feel like I'm hearing Jonah lisp his "s" sounds more than usual recently... gonna keep an eye on that!


Firsts: Two-year molars are finally making an appearance! I've felt both the upper right and lower left break through the gum this month. He rode an escalator and thought it was the most amazing thing ever. He made Randy ride every single one in Cumberland Mall while we waited for dinner one night.

June: 

Favorite words/sayings: loves to exclaim "I did it!!", "I want something in the bag" (referring to the diaper bag but never gives specifics on what exactly, "me only" when he doesn't want you to say/sing/do something


Illness: Just a bloody nose and a bazillion bruises on his legs. He had a high fever over the last weekend, but no other symptoms so we're not sure what that was all about. Maybe his 3rd & 4th molars about to make an appearance?


Funnies: I shared a piece of leftover birthday cake from work with Jonah and didn't tell him what it was. When I set his "treat" down in front of him, he exclaimed "cheesecake!". Randy and I were floored that he knew what that was because it has been months (like probably since October since we've had some).


Observations: We've become more observant of this these days, but Jonah is still doing most everything predominantly with his left hand! Undoubtedly, he will throw a ball left-handed 90% of the time, often eats with a fork or spoon left-handed, but does seem to color/draw with his right hand a little more. Randy and I are both right-handed so we never thought our kids would be left-handed... guess there's still time to see. We're still watching his sound production for any sign of a lisp but it seems to come and go and he can control it--still a bit too early to be really concerned about it.


Firsts: Jonah is getting pretty good at taking his shirt off and pulling his pants down well. Two really big things that happened this month: transition to the big boy bed and potty training!! I've got some detailed posts coming up soon on these "milestones". Over the past month, Jonah has almost completely memorized 3 prayers. Ate his first fortune cookie.

Jonah has totally stepped up into this "big boy" role. He proudly declares "I a BIG boy"!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment