[Eh, I'll get the dates the same on the next post]
Weekly Update:
How far along: 15 weeks, 5 days
How big is baby: about the size of a navel orange or an apple; about 4 inches and around 2 ounces
Total weight gain: nada. Just had my check-up on Wednesday and I had gained not a single pound, and technically lost one.
Maternity clothes: well, I can't say I haven't been tempted to start breaking them out. Limited to fat jeans these days, but maternity is still a bit big on me.
Cravings: Yes, I intentionally ordered an egg roll the other night with our chinese take out... and liked it! I would have normally never done that, or even enjoyed it!
Sleep: No problems. I have been thinking about hauling my body pillow out of storage though.
Movement: Yeppers. Thought I was losing my mind when I felt a flutter at 14 weeks, but on Thursday, I totally felt the baby move (3 times) when I was sitting (of all positions) in a patient's room doing some documentation.
Best moment this week: Got to hear the baby's heartbeat. I guess I've been busy and distracted by all the holidays and work going on, but I still have moments where I think "I'm pregnant again? Really?" This past week's OB appointment was like that. I know the drill: pee in the cup, check BP, get weighed, listen to baby's heartbeat, ask questions. Done. Somehow, I guess I just forgot about hearing the heartbeat, because it gave me chills this time. It was that moment of "oh yeah, there's a human being growing inside of me!"
What I am looking forward to: ultrasound is scheduled for January 18th! As long as this little one cooperates, we can start planning for the next nursery (and cleaning out all the stuff that has accumulated in that "spare bedroom").
What's different this time: This time has been different! To flash back to the beginning (since this is really my first pregnancy #2 post), I pretty much knew I was pregnant when I took that pregnancy test. I was only 5 weeks, but I had already starting gagging when brushing my teeth (I know, strange way to know) and I repeatedly gagged when changing one of Jonah's more artistic diapers one morning. By around 6 or 7 weeks, I was starting to feel nauseated in the mornings, but never got sick. I was picky about what I wanted to eat at that time of day... and for about 2 weeks, settled on eating a peanut butter and jelly sandwich every morning for breakfast. [hey, if it keeps me from collapsing before lunch, I'll eat it]. The nausea lasted only for about the first 1.5-2 hrs every morning (which meant I felt fine by the time I arrived at work). Somewhere around 10 or 11 weeks, it had subsided. I don't think I had a second of nausea when I was pregnant with Jonah, even through the first trimester. Maybe I'm remembering wrong, but I'm pretty sure by this point in pregnancy #1, I was starving. all. day. long. Sooooo not starving this time. Have actually contemplated or truly skipped dinner because I was just not hungry. Not sick, just not hungry. Seems to fluctuate between days, but a bit different from last time. And, I already have a major desire to be cleaning out! Nesting this early? Seems crazy but I feel overwhelmed at all the stuff that needs to be done in the next 6 months. Aside from those things, everything feels pretty much the same, except faster. Fatigue, belly-popping, feeling the baby move... all sooner than with Jonah (which I think is pretty expected).
{Truth be told, yes, this was another surprise pregnancy, but not nearly as startling or emotional as the first. I think God hears my plans, says okay, then snickers as He makes slight changes, just to keep me on my toes. :) Our initial plan was to wait until Jonah was a year old, then start trying, not knowing what the road would be in actually trying to conceive; we wanted our kids to be close in age. But not exactly this close. I'm pretty nervous about managing 2 kids, just 18 months apart, but we're thrilled to be welcoming another member to our family!}
Ready for the photo proof of this one? They've already had the paparazzi following them around...
Confirmed! 7 weeks, 2 days
Everything's looking good! 9 weeks, 1 day
Super coolest ultrasound tech EVER. 3D shot: 9 weeks, 1 day




No comments:
Post a Comment