Wow, into double digits. The time is flying by... so much so that I am actually starting to plan J's first birthday (which sounds absolutely insane to me)!
This past month has been a blast! Remember what a grump I had on my hands last month? My happy baby is back, and exploring the world around him more than ever! This month was full of milestones, mostly in the form of mobility.
Jonah is crawling! No more inch-worm scooting everywhere, he's finally figured out how to get somewhere with ease (and my immobile baby is gone)! It seemed like everything happened all at once too. The very same day, he went from belly into sitting by himself also.
And late that same day, I nearly had a heart attack because he was happily (and noisily) playing with his toys in our family room while I was getting dinner ready in the kitchen. It got quiet. Too quiet. I looked up and saw him standing at the couch! Freaked. me. out. Of course now, he does it all the time and is getting to cruising. It seems he cruises to the right better than to the left. I have no clue why. Just this past week, he got a nice big knot on his forehead when he thought he could walk from the activity table to the bookcase at daycare (without holding on) and conked his head on the bookcase instead. :(
Jonah loves to wave bye-bye... especially when I am in the middle of talking to someone. It's like he's saying "hurry up, Mom! I've got things to do!". :) Like cheering me on at my tennis match!
Dinner is sometimes a battle, but usually he does well when he's an active participant in it. He doesn't refuse his baby food, but we have to have a good mix of purees and finger foods or he gets mad and seals his lips shut! Some new favorite foods of his these days are graham crackers, yogurt (yobaby and greek), pasta noodles, apricots, tomatoes, and every meat we ever give him.
Let me preface by saying, I love my child dearly, but I am not one of those mothers who thinks their child is a prodigy. And let me further clarify... I don't think he's slow or dumb, I just think he's very average and furthermore, gets very frustrated when he can't do something, and his way of dealing with it is to have a mini-meltdown. Randy and I are becoming immune to these meltdowns of his because he usually is fine within a minute or two. Then again he's only 10 months old and has many years to prove his amazing skills! :)
Jonah is very talkative and loves making sounds... all kinds of sounds. He blows raspberries, purrs like a cat, sucks his lower lip in over and over again (yes, go ahead and try it... several times in a row, you'll get what I am talking about) and he sings! It is just adorable to watch him sing. Mostly he says "la" over and over again, but in different tones and for different lengths - I really do think he is singing (probably because I sing at the top of my lungs in the car with him)! :)
It's truly incredible to see how much he has grown in the past month! I look at him and think that he's just on the verge of being a little boy! He's a teething maniac again, so I predict some new chompers coming through soon. Other favorite activity... chasing Elsie. Jonah will crawl as fast as he can towards her, but then start cackling and giggling just before he can reach her, which of course just scares her away. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment