Wednesday, May 11, 2011

5 Months

Jonah is getting to be such a big boy these days! It's hard to believe that he's closing in on half a year old already!! No visit to the pediatrician, but based on our scale he weighs about 13.8 lbs.


These days, Jonah is working on sitting up and occasionally will sit up unsupported for a few seconds... then tumbles forward or to the side. He does a really good job sitting on the floor with the boppy or in your lap.


He found his feet and thinks they are the most amazing things ever invented. When we go out somewhere, we jokingly tell him "don't worry, we packed your feet". There have been no attempts to insert foot in mouth, but I wouldn't be surprised if he does try it at some point.

Jonah reaches for everything! As I sit here and type, his fingers are all over mine (and he is liking my hands and forearm). He grabs for anything and everything... objects, toys, faces, fingers, etc. The other day, Randy was holding him and every time he brought a Mountain Dew can to his lips, there were two small hands reaching for it! Totally cracking us up!


We are continuing down the path of solid foods and he is totally loving it! This kid demands that we keep a good pace when feeding him, as he doesn't like to wait in between bites. So far, his menu include rice cereal, banana, pears, sweet potatoes, and avocado. He's totally a fan of gnawing all over a banana in the mesh teether. I'm thinking I may try some mango in there next.


This past week, J found his "voice". Up until now, he has been making noises and sounds, but now he is working on all his "throaty" sounds - like he is really talking. He still "coos" and "mmms" all day long, but now he will really say "ahh"... about a million times in a row at varying levels of loud. I haven't heard too many consonant sounds yet, as he is still fascinated by vowel sounds. He's definitely getting more talkative so I would imagine new sounds will be coming along.

He loves to stand! I'm starting to think he'll be cruising before he starts crawling!


J loves it when we make silly noises and faces at him, and of course he has started to try to imitate them. This is a video of him trying to blow raspberries! (once again, I'm an idiot and I can't figure out how to turn the darn image!)



We spent Mother's Day in Milledgeville, where Jonah got to visit with family and meet another great-grandmother. So far, he has 3 great-grandmothers, and 1 adopted great-grandmother.. and he still has one more biological great-grandmother he has yet to meet! Being the first for both sides of the family ensures there will be a lot of cheek pinching! :)





No comments:

Post a Comment