I sincerely apologize for the fact that this week's blog post is very late. We had internet difficulties for over a week and it was just not possible for me to write the post (and therefore post it). All of the below information is post-week-33, but I mentally kept track of my answers in order to make the posting. Sorry!
Weekly Update:
How far along: 33 weeks
How big is baby: For this week, the average baby weighs about 4 lbs and is 17 inches head-to-heels in length. Fruit comparisons are to pineapple or a honeydew. I will try to continue to guesstimate our baby's weight based on his ultrasound at 32 weeks by adding a half pound each week (which is pretty much what all the resources indicate he should be gaining from here until delivery). So, with that said, he should be weighing about just over 5 lbs at this time.
Total weight gain: Definitely another 2 lbs bringing the total to 25 lbs. I was hoping I would be hitting this mark about the time the pregnancy was over, but... I guess not. :(
Maternity clothes: I wish they made maternity shoes...
Cravings: Not really. Although I did finally make the connection between my love of milk and recent hatred for reflux... Reflux is stomach acid migrating back up the esopahgus; milk is about the most basic food one could eat. So if my basic chemistry knowledge still works, stomach acid (acid) + milk (base) = neutralized! Ha, take that reflux.
Sleep: I am quite thankful that I am still able to sleep with very little change throughout this pregnancy. I still don't have any difficulty sleeping and am very much comfortable throughout the night. The occasional obligatory bathroom break is annoying, but manageable.
Movement: Yes, he's there. Still.
Best moment this week: Nursery is complete. Check that off the list. Now on to bigger and better things.
What I miss: Not having the hormone, relaxin, raging through my body and wreaking havoc on my pelvis. I have had a few moments recently where I can feel my pelvis separating and shifting... and it's not really comfortable. It's almost disconcerting, like I need to start carrying duct tape around with me just in case it really just break in half.
What I am looking forward to: Baby shower(s) start this weekend! :)
Pregnancy rant: No rant this week!
No comments:
Post a Comment